Latest media coverage:
· NEORN slams federal government over lack of funding for the Algoma Central passenger train Taylor Ablett Myalgomamanitoulinnow.com — July 27, 2016
· Province receives an earful | North Bay Nugget
· Concern about the north not being treated fairly by bob.coles Country600.com on July 27, 2016, 08:07am. EDT
· Federal Government Unwilling to Invest in Passenger Rail Service in Northern Ontario (July 27th)
· Algoma Passenger Train Situation (July 20th)
· Timmins Doing its Part for Passenger Rail Restoration (July 5th)
The film Painted Land: In Search of the Group of Seven will be shown on TVO on Wed. Aug. 3rd at 9:00 PM.
This film about the recently discovered Group of Seven painting sites should remind Transport Canada how important it is to restore our passenger service in this remote area where tourists want to visit lodges, go on canoe trips and hiking trips in the locations where the iconic Canadian painters evolved into the Group of Seven. Our region needs this cultural, place-based tourism as an economic diversifier. The 2.2 million that Transport Canada paid per year brought 48 million in economic benefits to Algoma!!!!