- Important opportunity for your input re: transportation in Sault Ste Marie : time-limited
There is a short time in which the Sault Ste. Marie Community Action Committee (CAC) is accepting comments for its report to the City. Please click on the link below and then submit your comments. You can make comments about the need for restoration of passenger train service from Sault to Hearst and Sault to Sudbury, North Bay and Toronto under the Transit section but also on the importance of passenger train service for the other sections as well. This is very important and the CAC report will be finished in early April. So please submit your comments ASAP if you want restoration of passenger rail to be considered in the City’s planning process.
Sault Ste. Marie’s future welcomes your ideas!
Thanks a lot for taking the time to do this,
- Deadline for reduced rate on hotel rooms for April 6 Fundraiser extended to Mar 10
For those who are coming from out of town or who just want to stay overnight, The Water Tower Inn & Suites is generously offering a block of rooms at special rates until March 10.
Here are the rates and room descriptions:
- Run of the Inn - $109.00 (features two double beds with everything a guest might need including in-room coffee maker, refrigerator, hairdryer and free wireless internet access.)
- Trailhead Room - $109.00 (featuring one queen size bed with oversized duvet and a bathtub with whirlpool jets. This room includes, extra hanging space, iron/board, hairdryer, coffee maker, refrigerator and free wireless internet access.)
- Resort Queen with Sofa Sleeper - $119.00 (features a Queen bed with a lounge area with a Queen size Sofa Sleeper. The bathrooms feature a glass enclosed shower and granite vanity. For your comfort, there is also a lounge chair, 32” flat screen television and working desk with executive leather chair. Also included are a refrigerator, iron and board, and hairdryer.
- Resort King - $119.00 (features a King bed. The bathrooms feature a glass enclosed shower and granite vanity. For your comfort, there is also a lounge chair, 32” flat screen television and working desk with executive leather chair. Also included are a refrigerator, iron and board, and hairdryer.
Recent media coverage
Myalgoma.ca: Iconic Canadian Musician Ian Tamblyn coming to the Sault April 6