- Friend of CAPT-- Bob Diotte-- passes
We are very sad to hear of the passing of Bob Diotte, a wonderful journalist who was very supportive of our efforts to save the Algoma passenger train and the Group of Seven & Glenn Gould Train Event. He often wrote about CAPT in his column “Take Seven” in the Sault This Week. For more information about this wonderful person, read the article by David Helwig in The Sootoday:
Bob Diotte: Last ambassador of charm - SooToday.com https://www.sootoday.com/local-news/bob-diotte-last-ambassador-of-charm-492934
- CAPT Calendars and Painted Land DVDs
Looking for a last minute holiday gift? CAPT 2017 calendars and Painted Land: In Search of the Group of Seven DVDs are available at:
- Shabby Motley 356 Queen Street East, Sault Ste. Marie (705 575-9276)
- Algoma University Bookstore
- Sault Model Railroad Club 625 Trunk Road Sault Sainte Marie open to the public every Wednesday 1-4pm and on Saturday 11am-4pm.
- If you are out of town, email Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for them to be mailed to you.
Calendars are $12 and DVDs are $20.
- Happy Holidays everyone. In 2017 we look forward to continuing to ensure that our passenger train is brought back. It is essential to our regional economy as well as to all the remote communities that rely on it as their only transportation. The return of the train from the Sault to Hearst under the leadership of Missanabie Cree First Nation will be an excellent way to mark Canada’s 150th anniversary and the federal government’s commitment to Reconciliation, reducing climate change and supporting economic development and job creation.