Join the CAPT mailing list!
Donate to CAPTrainsSend us a cheque or donate electronically below and we will send you a tax deductible charity receipt.
Donate Your Car for our TrainDonate your car to support our passenger train. 100% of your donation supports our efforts to save the Algoma passenger train and you get a charitable tax receipt from Transport Action Canada. Eco-friendly vehicle recyclers pick up your car, just click the CharityCar.ca link below and fill out the form or phone the toll free number.
- Presentation to SSM City Council: Mon. Jan. 22; Calendars & Petition at Station Mall—Tues Jan 16 &19 and Latest Media Coverage
- New Location Added to Buy Capt’s Calendars and Recent Media
- NEORN Media Release and Latest Media Coverage
- PC platform includes promises for the North
- Calendars Available in Wawa, Dubreuilville and Hearst; Latest Media Coverage:
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Mask-wa Oo-Ta-Ban (Bear Train) Fundraiser Huge Success We will be sending out further information about the April 6th Fundraiser Event for the Mask-wa Oo-Ta-Ban (Bear Train) attended by about 400 people, but for now we wish to express our deep… Continue Reading Mask-wa Oo-Ta-Ban (Bear Train) Fundraiser
MUSIC FOR THE ACR – FUNDRAISER FOR ALGOMA PASSENGER TRAIN | westernsreboot https://westernsreboot.com/2017/03/11/music-for-the-acr-fundraiser-for-algoma-passenger-train/ This article describes in a few words the history of the trains demise, the impact on the economy for the North, and the lack of help from… Continue Reading Learn more about the value of the ACR Passenger train to Northern economy
CAPT is delighted to announce that Michael Burtch, Joanie and Gary McGuffin, along with Nancy Lang, Rebecca Middleton and Emma Hambly, won the prestigious Barbara Sears Award for Best Editorial Research by the Canadian Screen Awards. They received the award on… Continue Reading Burtch & McGuffins win Canadian Screen Award
Important opportunity for your input re: transportation in Sault Ste Marie : time-limited There is a short time in which the Sault Ste. Marie Community Action Committee (CAC) is accepting comments for its report to the City. Please click on… Continue Reading input re: transportation Sault Ste Marie; deadline for reduced rate on hotel rooms
1. ACR passenger train e-petition deposited by MP Carol Hughes in House of Commons Carol Hughes, MP for Algoma–Manitoulin—Kapuskasing, presented the online petition to Minister of Transport Marc Garneau in the House of Commons on February 22. She underlined the… Continue Reading ACR e-petition deposited in House of Commons; event tickets on sale at CAPT table at Mall Feb 27
A MUST VIEW VIDEO OF A FAMILY’S TRIP ON THE ACR TO THE AGAWA CANYON IN 1940 AND LATER Take a few minutes to view this Agawa Canyon video and then share with others. Please make Comments in the Comments… Continue Reading
CAPT TABLE at Station Mall Monday Feb. 27 10 am to 3:00 pm CAPT volunteers will be at the Station Mall at a table opposite EB Games Store on Monday, February 27 from 10am to 3:00 pm. This is a… Continue Reading
A new information link has been added to the right of the page called “Up coming Events”. Watch for a couple of events CAPT is planning for 2017.
1. Media Release Missanabie Cree First Nation 174B Hwy 17B Phone: (705)-254-2702 Garden River Fax: (705)-254-3292 Ontario P6A 6Z1 www.missanabiecreefn.com MEDIA RELEASE 2017 OFF TO ENCOURAGING START FOR ALGOMA PASSENGER TRAIN SUPPORTERS The Algoma Passenger Train Working Group, under… Continue Reading Working Group Media Release, Media Coverage, Video