Join the CAPT mailing list!
Donate to CAPTrainsSend us a cheque or donate electronically below and we will send you a tax deductible charity receipt.
Donate Your Car for our TrainDonate your car to support our passenger train. 100% of your donation supports our efforts to save the Algoma passenger train and you get a charitable tax receipt from Transport Action Canada. Eco-friendly vehicle recyclers pick up your car, just click the CharityCar.ca link below and fill out the form or phone the toll free number.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Opportunities to sign letters to federal government about Algoma passenger train at Station Mall in the Sault
If you are in the Sault area and would prefer to sign paper copies of the online letter to Federal government decision-makers asking for reinstatement of the Algoma passenger train NOW: come to the Station Mall on the morning of … Continue reading
New Petition can be found at the link below. Please read the letter and sign the petition. CAPT says Passenger Train is Needed Now – Launches Change.org Petition Wawa-News http://myalgoma.ca/2016/05/12/capt-says-passenger-train-is-needed-now-launches-change-org-petition/
1. Media Release re: Online Petition This is the media release jointly sent out today by CAPT and Mask-Wa Residents Association: COALITION FOR ALGOMA PASSENGER TRAINS AND MASK-WA RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION MEDIA RELEASE : May 12, 2016 The Coalition for Algoma … Continue reading
CTV Northern Ontario : Rail line hopes by Jordan Allard http://northernontario.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=862929&binId=1.1142313&playlistPageNum=1#_gus&_gucid=&_gup= Facebook&_gsc=MkbBTXG
Latest Media Coverage “Property owners along rail line form new group” By Elaine Della-Mattia, Sault Star, April 20, 2016 http://www.saultstar.com/2016/04/20/property-owners-along-rail-line-form-new-group “Remote train people band together, as fight resumes to save service. Future not-for-profit to be created” https://www.sootoday.com/local-news/remote-train-people-band-together-as-fight-resumes-to-save-service-283560 “Keeping Passenger Rail … Continue reading
Thank you to all who made the recent screening of Painted Land in Sault Ste. Marie so successful. There was a huge turnout to see the film about the newly discovered Group of Seven painting sites along the ACR, to … Continue reading
1. Reminder about Painted Land film screening: This is a reminder that the fabulous film with so much footage taken along the ACR line will be shown this Wed. Mar. 23 at 7:00 pm. Tickets can be purchased: on line at www.nordikinstitute.com … Continue reading
1. Group of Seven Film Screening: Wed. Mar 23, 2016, 7 pm Grand Theatre Great opportunity to see the film entitled Painted Land: In Search of the Group of Seven. This film shows how important the passenger train is as … Continue reading
1. Hugely successful book sale Many thanks to organizers Dorothy Macnaughton, Donna Cushley and Lauren Doxtater and all of the other volunteers who helped make the CAPT book sale a resounding success. Over $1200 was raised that will go to efforts … Continue reading
Important media release about Algoma passesnger train and further media coverage of CAPT board member’s award
1. Important media release about passenger train: Media Release Algoma Passenger Train Clarification The Coalition for Algoma Passenger Trains(CAPT) is anxious to clarify some confusion resulting from a recently published article about the status of the Algoma passenger train. As … Continue reading