Join the CAPT mailing list!
Ian Tamblyn Concert Tickets
Donate to CAPTrainsSend us a cheque or donate electronically below and we will send you a tax deductible charity receipt.
Donate Your Car for our TrainDonate your car to support our passenger train. 100% of your donation supports our efforts to save the Algoma passenger train and you get a charitable tax receipt from Transport Action Canada. Eco-friendly vehicle recyclers pick up your car, just click the CharityCar.ca link below and fill out the form or phone the toll free number.
- CAPT is once again looking for community support. See info and petition
- Mask-wa Oo-Ta-Ban (Bear Train) Fundraiser
- Learn more about the value of the ACR Passenger train to Northern economy
- Burtch & McGuffins win Canadian Screen Award
- input re: transportation Sault Ste Marie; deadline for reduced rate on hotel rooms
Author Archives: admin
1. Media Release Missanabie Cree First Nation 174B Hwy 17B Phone: (705)-254-2702 Garden River Fax: (705)-254-3292 Ontario P6A 6Z1 www.missanabiecreefn.com MEDIA RELEASE 2017 OFF TO ENCOURAGING START FOR ALGOMA PASSENGER TRAIN SUPPORTERS The Algoma Passenger Train Working Group, under … Continue reading
Friend of CAPT– Bob Diotte– passes We are very sad to hear of the passing of Bob Diotte, a wonderful journalist who was very supportive of our efforts to save the Algoma passenger train and the Group of Seven & … Continue reading
Painted Land DVD pre-orders Since the Painted Land DVDs have finally arrived, would those of you who left your name at the Town Hall Meeting on Nov 1 for pre-orders please contact us so we can arrange to get them … Continue reading
1. CAPT 2017 calendars, Painted Land DVDs, CAPT t-shirts and Britta Wolfert & Jeff Hinich CDs at Station Mall Dec. 12, 13 & 14 On Dec. 12, 13 and 14 from 10 am to 4 pm CAPT volunteers will be at a table at the Station Mall … Continue reading
“Network battling to restore passenger rail in northeastern Ontario” By PJ WILSON, The Nugget November 23, 2016 http://www.nugget.ca/2016/11/23/network-battling-to-restore-passenger-rail-in-northeastern-ontario
1. Local musicians donate part of CD sales to CAPT Britta Wolfert and Jeff Hinich are generously contributing $5 with the sale of 2 of their CDs Magician by Jeff and Moonstone by Britta. They can be purchased on line … Continue reading
Government continues to ignore need for rail passenger service. Media Release : http://neorn.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/2016-11-18-Media-Release-NEORN.pdf NORTHERN ONTARIO MULTIMODAL TRANSPORTATION STRATEGY COVERAGE Turnout good at transportation open house http://www.saultstar.com/2016/11/17/turnout-good-at-transportation-open-house Bring Back passenger rail, province told : http://www.nugget.ca/2016/11/16/ministries-collecting-input-for-multimodal-transportation-strategy-for-northern-ontario Bring back passenger rail services to Ontario’s northeast urges … Continue reading
Would you like to have to travel on these roads to reach your camp, lodge or for a day of fishing, canoeing, or kayaking? Take time to click on “Bad Roads” here or on the menu to see a short … Continue reading
Report from Town Hall Meeting; Ont. government multi-modal transportation strategy public info session
Ont. government multi-modal transportation strategy public info session Nov 16 To voice your support for a restoration of passenger train service in Northern Ontario be sure to attend: the Ont. Government Northern Ontario Multi-modal Transportation Strategy Public Information Session in … Continue reading