1. CAPT will be in the Climate Change March this Sunday Nov. 29
Join us in Sault Ste. Marie for the Global Climate March. We will be carrying the CAPT banner since more train service is one of the fastest and more effective ways of reducing carbon emissions and reversing climate change.
On November 29th, 2015 at 1pm, residents of Sault Ste. Marie and area will meet at City Hall and march down our waterfront boardwalk to the Mill Market to send a message that the time for action on climate change is now. We will be one voice among thousands marching throughout the world. So bundle up and bring your enthusiasm, voices, musical instruments, and a genuine desire for change! Join us! Everyone
1 pm - Meet at City Hall
1 pm - 1:30 pm - Welcome, Speakers, Drumming, Group Photo
1:30 pm - 2 pm - March from City Hall to the Mill Market
All participants are welcome to join us in the Mill Market after the march for a free concert from the bands Tiller and Crossroad Magdalenes.
This event is part of the Global Climate March. On November 30th, world leaders meet in Paris to start negotiating the next global climate deal. That's why, the day before, people around the world will take to the streets and push leaders at every level of government to commit to reducing carbon emissions.
2. CAPT at Station Mall Dec. 1, 3, 8, 10, 16 and 17 with letters, calendars and t-shirts
CAPT volunteers will be at a table in the Station Mall on Dec. 1, 3, 8, 10, 16 and 17 from 9 am to 3 pm. Note that the table will be in different locations depending on the date and the start time is different on Dec. 8.
Pass the word around to your contacts so they can come to the table to sign letters to the Prime Minister and Premier that will be copied and sent to the appropriate ministers and MPs as well. And the CAPT calendars with amazing ACR photos by Bob McGauley and CAPT t-shirts for children and adults make terrific gifts at this time of year.
· Tuesday, December 1/ Table 4 in front of Eclipse 9:00 am to 3:00pm
· Thursday, December 3/Table 4 in front of Eclipse 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
· Tuesday, December 8/Table 4 in front of Eclipse 11:30 am to 3:00 pm
· Thursday, December 10/Table 4 in front of Eclipse 9:00 am to 3:00pm
· Wednesday, December 16/Table 3 in front of EB Games 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
· Thursday, December 17/Table 3 in front of EB Games 9:00 am to 3:00pm
3. Media Coverage
“Spots that Stirred” Sault Star Nov. 21, 2015 by Patricia Baker